Thursday, March 5, 2009

Insufficient Funds

Starbucks Soy Latte: $3.49

Chocolate chip cookie: $1.99 

Having your debit denied: Embarrassing


For all of you who have had the cashier ask you "ma'am, that didn't go through, can I try another card?", you know what I am talking about. 


It's embarrassing. Especially when the line behind you is long, and the grand total is barely over the five dollar mark. You struggle to find some witty line, or  hope they'll believe "...guess my cheque hasn't gone through yet...", as you either collect your things (and your dignity) and leave, or hand over your Visa. 


Since I don't have a Visa, it was impossible for me to go with the latter, so, there's another $6.00 out of my savings account, and another reason not to go to Starbucks. Either way, this does not bode well for that vintage dress I was hoping to buy- one on left- looks like I'll have to hope it is still there once my cheque goes through... 


Bottom line: I will either have to kick my daily cup 'a joe, and/or resort to making coffee at home.


Ps. bear in mind, the dress is not to be couple with jeans, but rather, a little makeup.





No comments:

Post a Comment